The Benefits of Dental Implants
The moment you receive your new tooth installation, there is a spring in your step, you feel on top of the world, shying away from the public at large or intimate relationships is a thing of the past, and you can then flash your pearly grin all over town. This is but a summary of how wonderful a new set of teeth can change your life.
ADDITIONAL BONUSES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS INCLUDE:
- Dental implants are durable, reliable, and long-lasting. Due to the nature of the implant and the process by which they are installed, these missing teeth replacements are set for life.
- Regular eating is reestablished, as dental implants alleviate the stress of having to worry whether you’ll have pain of not when chewing food.
- Smiling is your best asset. While you once had to suffer the repercussions of not being able to smile with assurety, dental implants will give you the trust of connecting and relating to others.
At Optima Dental you can feel assured that you’re in good hands. We provide an in-office consultation and comprehensive treatment plan. Once the decision has been made to proceed forward, we’re here to send you out the door with your best smile ever!
What Are Dental Implants?
Having a healthy smile gives you a boost in all avenues of success and life. If you were to avoid relationships and genuine connections due to missing teeth or gaps left untreated that exacerbate poor oral hygiene, chances are your confidence would take a hike and you’d be waking up to possible pain and discomfort every day. The solution is dental implants.
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots made of titanium and installed by a dental specialist to mimic your natural teeth and rebuild your sureness about your health. The titanium posts are surgically placed in your jawbone to help bring back a fully functioning smile. Because they are not susceptible to decay or infection, dental implants also help keep your mouth free of infection and disease. All they require are proper care and maintenance, and if adhered to the required protocol, dental implants will last a lifetime.
How Does the Dental Implant Process Work?
There are three steps to the dental implant process. Dr. Helios Houenou guides each patient through a series of steps:
- The insertion of the titanium post – Dr. Houenou creates a small hole into the jawbone and inserts the screw. Once the screw is secure a temporary crown is placed over the surgical area until it heals.
- Recovery and osseointegration – When the implant and the bone fuse together a strong foundation is created for the crown placement.
- Attachment of the abutment and crown – In this final step, and once the implant has healed, Dr. Houenou will secure the abutment and mount the porcelain crown. The abutment is the small screw connecting the two. After the procedure has been completed and the recovery process has begun, the patient will have a fully functioning natural smile.
Am I A Dental Implant Candidate?
If you suffer from missing teeth, are tired of traditional bridges and dentures that each have their own sets of flaws, and are ready to try something innovative and fresh, dental implants are for you. They have become the standard in dental care helping those with gaps in their teeth. Dr. Helios Houenou understands the discomfort of lacking a perfect smile. His methods and processes to give you back your confidence with quality dental health, goes unmatched.
Take a good, strong look in the mirror. If you’re not happy with gaps in your teeth, or the overall health of your mouth is being compromised due to bone loss from a missing tooth, consult with Dr. Houenou today. He will provide you with an in-depth analysis on whether or not you are eligible for dental implants and supplemental treatments. He is thorough and thoughtful, two qualities coveted in a dental implant specialist.